Monday, January 16, 2006

‘Findable’ You

I have been searching for a nice topic to read about when my eyes are caught by a blog entry entitled “Should You Make Your Name and Contact Information Easily Findable on Your Blog?”. In part it says:

“However, I've regularly found myself in situations where people will be talking to me and I'll introduce them to another blogger. I'll notice that they ignore the other blogger until I say that, for example, Matt writes the Nonbillable Hour blog and then they fall all over themselves saying what huge fans they are of Matt's blog, but they didn't associate the name with the blog.

James Robertson at the Column Two blog has a great post called Your Blog, Your Name that spells out some of the best reasons for making this information readily available.

I can't even count the number of times last year I wanted to send a blogger an email about how much I liked what he or she wrote, only to find no way to get in touch.

I also like to give the name of the person who writes a post when I link to a post. There have been many times when it took me more time to find a blogger's name than it did to write my post that linked to them. In several cases, I ended up not writing a post because I could not find out who wrote it.”

The idea is – the easier they can communicate with you, the more marketable your site and business are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home